Tag: St Andrews Church

Poet’s Walk Local Nature Reserve, Clevedon

picture-2

Poet’s Walk can be found to the west of Clevedon and is owned by North Somerset Council. Many poets and writers have visited Clevedon, including Coleridge in 1795 and Tennyson in 1834 and it is from this that Poet’s Walk received its name.

The site encompasses Church Hill and Wain’s Hill with calcareous grassland, coastal scrub and woodland that are exposed to wind and salt spray from the Severn Estuary. The steeper slopes support a variety of wild flowers, while the plateau areas are less species rich.

Read More